Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hope in the Heart: World Camp's programming - Camp Hope

  Not all that long ago, World Camp solicited some feedback from our network of
  alumni. We wanted to know: how can we best communicate with you, what sort of
  information are you wanting to hear from us? One of the requests from alumni
  was more information about our programs. In an effort to give the people what
  they want, we’re starting a small blog series about our current programs. Each
  week, we will feature one of our programs, give a little background, discuss where the program is headed and share some wonderful photos. This week we will be focusing on Camp Hope, our camp for HIV-positive children.
This summer World Camp will be operating our fourth Camp Hope. The focus of Camp Hope is living positively, drug regimen adherence, life skills, nutrition, dealing with stigma and discrimination, and of course, a dose of classic summer camp fun. Camp Hope is a unique program because it specializes in psychosocial support, an oft-neglected programming area. Many programs that target individuals living with HIV/AIDS focus entirely on the physical effects of the disease. While one cannot underplay the importance of such programming, it does not address the patient as a whole. Camp is an opportunity for our campers to simply be kids, to live free from the secrecy and stigma that they normally face, and a chance to bond with children dealing with similar obstacles.
World Camp operates Camp Hope with two partner organizations. The first is SeriousFun Children’s Network, formerly The Association of Hole in the Wall Camps. SeriousFun is a global network of camps dedicated to providing children with “serious illnesses” an opportunity to simply be kids, to have fun, and where campers could, in founder Paul Newman’s words, “raise a little hell.” The third member of our partnership is Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation, Malawi. Baylor- Malawi is related to Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Baylor-Malawi’s mission is to conduct a program of high-quality, high impact, highly ethical pediatric and family HIV/AIDS care and treatment, health professional training and clinical research.
All campers come to camp through the Baylor-Malawi healthcare system, meaning that they are aware of their HIV status and are currently receiving antiretroviral therapy. Campers must also be healthy enough to attend Camp and participate in all the fun events we organize each year. Baylor-Malawi provides doctors and nurses to provide medical care on-site during the weeks of Camp.
This year marks a possible huge turning point in the program. The Camp Hope partnership received a grant from UNICEF which is allowing us to reach out to 50% more campers than originally anticipated! This summer we are expecting to host 150 campers during two, weeklong camp sessions this August. 
 World Camp also operates a follow-up program in the months after camp proper. These sessions bring back together all 80 campers to continue to build on the lessons from Camp. Further, these sessions allow campers to continue to build relationships with one another and feel directly the support of the Camp Hope staff. This year World Camp is working to incorporate into World Camp children from our area of geographic focus, the Malikha Zone. The goal is to bring 30 campers to Camp from the Malikha which would be especially amazing as they campers are currently not receiving any services.
Stay tuned for more updates or write us with any questions!

8 comments:



  1. I can believe is possible that HIV can be cure what a great man he have done it for me also I never believe all this comment and post about him, I was very sick, I am HIV positive over 10year,just last year I keep reading the testimony post about this man named DR.EHOHO they said that the man is so powerful he have cured to different diseases, I keep monitor the post of some people about this man and I found out this man is real I contacted him for help because I was having such problem this man reply to my email after some hours, I inform he about my problem that I have this virus for 10year now this man said that I should not worry and I should not disappoint him, what he about to do for me now is just a gift from his gods and his father’s that I s should regard him if am cured I should write the true about him, I said no problem because I never have the believe that I will be cured someday but thanks god for my life for curing me through this man this man ask for my details which i send for him, and he said that he want to have some consultation on it how to get me cure I wait for his respond this man reply me back after some minute he said that I need to provide so thing need for the curing I try and do so after everything is done I found out I was again my strength back my tissue start developing he ask me to go for hospital test I did and I found out there was no HIV found in my body again what a miracle thanks doctor for help me out from this illness i will continue doing this according to my promise if you need his help just contact him now through his email or phone number drehohospiritualtemple@gmail.com
    Thanks to the great doctor who help me out with 45mins hiv/aids cure, you know the type of pain, and know mind settle, if you are HIV too, 8year ago when I have not meet DR.EHOHO the most great man I have never know I was in pain I can’t sleep again I always think about how can I get through this situation before my mind go into internet doctor when I try to search for help I found a comment about a man named doctor EHOHO all over the internet I was so surprised that there is a cure over this year I have be suffer they write good about this man, how DR.EHOHO help them I read about 3 testimony about this man what a kind and power man would also he help me out with my own problem too and I drop a promise that I will share his name over the world if he cured me, and that is what am doing now please my people this man is real this man will help you also, according to what he told me to have faith on him if you have the faith my brother and sister you will know how powerful the man his I put all my hope, effort, trust, and listing to what his say and do according to his words that is how I get myself negative what a miracle thanks my dear doctor, drehohospiritualtemple@gmail.com OR call +2348140033845

    ReplyDelete
  2. good day let me share a little testimony about a man that help me cure my HIV I was HIV positive for 13year and I’m from united kingdom the only man that help me cure my disease is Dr Healing this man take me as his son and take care of me I complain everything about me what my family take me for and how people hate me he promise to help me cure this virus luckily to me he keep his promise this man cure me when this man called me and told me that he is done with work my cure, I should go for test I was so confused and surprised about it when go for test I was negative what a great man earth if you need cure email now Hivhealinghome@live.com and get heal totally okay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I USED TO HAVE HIV,,,AND I WORK WITH THE U.S ARMY......I LOOKED FOR CURE ALMOST ROUND THE WORLD,NOT UNTIL I CONTACTED A GREAT hivcurecenter@gmail.com,I NARRATED MY PREDICAMENT TO HIM,I WAS SHOCKED HE SAID''NO CAUSE FOR ALARM'''I SEND HIM MY PHOTO,,,,HE SAID HE WILL NEED TO BUY SOME ITEMS,AND I PAID FOR IT...AFTER THREE DAYS HE TOLD ME TO GO FOR TEST AGAIN,...... MY FRIENDS YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT WAS NEGATIVE....NOW I'M SOUND AND HEALTHY STILL WORKING WITH THE U.S ARMY . I BELIEVE HE CAN CURE ANY TYPE OF SICKNESS HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS: hivcurecenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I USED TO HAVE HIV,,,AND I WORK WITH THE U.S ARMY......I LOOKED FOR CURE ALMOST ROUND THE WORLD,NOT UNTIL I CONTACTED A GREAT hivcurecenter@gmail.com,I NARRATED MY PREDICAMENT TO HIM,I WAS SHOCKED HE SAID''NO CAUSE FOR ALARM'''I SEND HIM MY PHOTO,,,,HE SAID HE WILL NEED TO BUY SOME ITEMS,AND I PAID FOR IT...AFTER THREE DAYS HE TOLD ME TO GO FOR TEST AGAIN,...... MY FRIENDS YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT WAS NEGATIVE....NOW I'M SOUND AND HEALTHY STILL WORKING WITH THE U.S ARMY . I BELIEVE HE CAN CURE ANY TYPE OF SICKNESS HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS: hivcurecenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my name Nelly am from UK I give thank to a great doctor who help me out of my illness I was very sick I thank god who use this man to help, it started when i travel to Florida for visit there I meet a lady not knowing to me that she HIV positive I really like the lady because she was beautiful I always see her every moment I close my eye I went to tell her how I feel for her but I don’t know if she know that she HIV I went to bed with her I contacted the virus too when I get home for month my doctor come to check on me and he discover that I have HIV he was shock and tell me I was so confused and so surprised to hear that I was taking HIV drug to cure it for good a 2year I decided to look for cure them I meet this post on internet I contacted him for help… well Dr Camala proving to be a great man and he heal me.. According to him he said is the power of his gods well I thank god am back again if you need cure for your HIV…you can still contact him or his email or number I promise he is 100% he cure any virus like T-VIRUS HIV AID ROTA-VIRUS, SMALLPOX, HEPATITIS B contact him now hivcurecenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Ekpiku God will continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you are doing in peoples life, I will keep on writing and posting testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Tanya Albert, I was a HIV patient, I saw a blog on how Dr. Ekpiku cured someone, I contacted him and also got my healing, kindly email him now on ekpikuspelhomeofgrace@gmail.com or ekpikuspelhomeofgrace@hotmail.com email me on tanya.albert58@yahoo.co.uk. THESE ARE THE THINGS Dr. Ekpiku. . HERPES . HIV/AIDS . CANCER...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you did in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m KATE from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I was tested HIV positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him and also got my healing, i am so happy. If you have any problem or you are also infected with any disease, contact him Drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there

    ReplyDelete
  8. REAL CURE FOR GENITAL HERPES, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, DIABATES, HEPATITIS B, VAGINAL AND ITCHING BURING, WITH PROVE..

    THE ONLY TRUE HERBALIST MAN WITH TEST RESULTS(PROVE) OF PEOPLE HE HAVE CURED OF MANY INFECTIONS AND DISEASES, AFTER CONTACTING 3 HERBALIST ONLINE, BUT ONLY HIM COULD CURE ME OF 2 YEARS GENITAL HERPES...HE IS REAL AND GENUINE. HIS PHONE NUMBER IS: +2348078467513 AND THIS IS HIS EMAIL: herbal.home247@yahoo.com

    I am Grace Clarck by names from USA, I was diagnosed of herpes in 2015 and I tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail until i saw a post in a health forum about herbal doctor called DR. OKUNS who prepare Herbal Medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus, at first i doubted if it was real, but i decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email i bought the herpes herbal medicine from him and received it through DHL within 3 days and used it as prescribed, i tested negative within 2 weeks of usage. you can contact him via E-mail: herbal.home247@yahoo.com for any types of diseases solutions or WhatsApp/call him on: +2348078467513

    ReplyDelete